You’re an ambitious Claims Handler yet to release your full potential, but there are a lack of genuine career opportunities in the East Midlands, especially those that will likely progress into a bigger role.
Handling commercial and/or personal lines claims requires a certain skill and patience that not everybody has. You have the ability to hold your client’s hands through the entire process, letting them know you are there to support them during an obviously distressing period.
First of all, you are technically astute and have the experience under your belt to know exactly what advice to give, but you also have the personality and customer service skills to build rapport with your clients.
IDEX Consulting have been retained to recruit for a genuinely exciting senior claims opportunity, one that hopefully you will never have encountered before… If you are a lover of boats and/or sailing, this role may be even more appealing to you.
An expanding insurance broker and underwriting agency in Newark are looking to appoint a Senior Claims Handler due to an impending retirement. Even better news, this role will likely progress into a bigger role for the right person.
This insurance business is proud to have achieved an average score of 4.9/5* on Trustpilot and a big reason for this is because of their exceptional client service and quick and efficient claims process.
As a Senior Claims Handler and an integral part of this business, you will handle claims from start to finish whilst ensuring your customers feel comfortable and are kept up to date during the whole process. You will be the ‘go to’ person in the office and on average handle 2 claims per day (this will fluctuate throughout the seasons).
What types of customers will you be dealing with?
- You will be dealing with a range of personal and high net worth professionals who own a pleasure craft – this could be superyachts and sailboats through to smaller marine craft such as dinghy and jet ski’s
- No 2 days will be the same which will give you the opportunity to think on your feet and be proactive to ensure the right outcome is achieved for your customers
- As mentioned, this position will likely progress into a ‘bigger’ role which means you will be able to upskill as you develop further in this business
What’s on offer?
- Dependent upon your experience and skill set, a salary of £26,000-£32,000 will be on offer + benefits package
- An opportunity to become a vitally important part of this expanding business, working closely with the senior management team
- You will represent an insurance firm which are going through an exciting re-branding phase and launch of a new website – this will ensure you have all the tools and systems to give the best service possible
- Based in Newark on Trent, you will have a range of shops and micropubs to enjoy as well as great transport links/roads to Lincoln, Nottingham and the wider East Midlands
What do you have to offer?
- To be considered, you must have claims handling experience, ideally with an insurer. Should you be a competent Claims Handler for a broker, you will also be considered
- You will have a track record of carrying out claims from start to finish and have had some level of claims authority
- Progressing yourself professionally and personally is incredibly important for this business. This means you will hold an insurance/claims related qualification or be willing to study towards these
There are many general claims positions available across the East Midlands, but this is a genuine career opportunity for somebody who would like to advance their career with a truly exciting broking business.
Interested but you don’t have a CV typed up? No problem, we can help you with that.